Production Project – Session 2: Cowabummer The Movie

Angry Face

“Angry Face” by wstera2 is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0

SUMMARY

Role:

Cinematographer

Intention (SMART Goal)

Take professional shots with good intent lighting

PRE-PRODUCTION – INQUIRY

Leader(s) in the Field / Exemplary Work(s)

Roger Deakins

Training Source(s)

Project Timeline

Brainstorm ideas and write a script

Rehearse film

Film and improvise

Edit film and add music and sound effects

Proposed Budget

PRODUCTION – ACTION

The (FILM, SOUND, or GAME Creation)

Skills Commentary

Sound is synced up with the video, the camera angles follow a line and show the different angles and levels of importance by each scene, music goes well with how the story is going, happy in the beginning, but angry towards the end when Bryce stands up, and sound effects go with whenever Casey gets hit or hurt.

POST-PRODUCTION – REFLECTION

21st Century Skills 

Ways of Thinking (Creativity, Innovation, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving)

I used creativity by thinking of which angles to be at with my body while using the camera. I was innovative and a critical thinker by using the camera lens to get a much clearer picture instead of the normal lens. Lastly I was a problem solver because some of the shots were at a weird angle and since the camera lens is so zoomed in we moved the tables around where we can set the tripod and get good angles for each shot.

Ways of Working (Communication & Collaboration)

I would communicate with the team to show them which angles looked best to make sure everybody thought it was good, and I would listen to feedback of what they thought would look better, or how they thought I should move the camera on a certain shot.

Tools for Working (Info & Media Literacy)

I used the camera, lenses, lights, tripods, light tripod, and I watched plenty of youtube videos to help me with filming.

Ways of Living in the World (Life & Career)

I developed life and career skills from this because it shows how all of the members on your team have completely different but equally important roles to all make one movie, and it really helps with working with other people and being responsible so you don’t let your team down.

Reactions to the Final Version

Many people said that they liked the camera angles I believe that was Peter and Josie, and lots of people liked the sound effects and just the overall story.

Self-Evaluation of Final Version

I believe that our film was very well put together because we all worked together and all did our parts. Everybody was cooperative and open for feedback, which overall made our film the best it could possibly be.

What I Learned and Problems I Solved

I learned lots of things, first off this was my first time at cinematographer, and I learned lots about the camera, but I also learned when it was all done how to move the camera smoother and how to focus with the button, and it’s unfortunate that I learned this after our film was done, but next film I will know to do these.

Grammar and Spelling

Grammarly.

Editor

Bryce B.

One thought on “Production Project – Session 2: Cowabummer The Movie”